Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Most Useful Tool Ever

The Leatherman Wave is gone! Of all the tools I have owned, this one has been the most useful. Not for a project but just a tool that is there when you need it and does so many small things. A couple of months ago after a stay at a hotel, it came up missing. The only person who had access to it was the parking attendant at that hotel and the Leatherman was in the glove box before. It was secure there in its little case waiting for the next job to help with. So many little tools in its stainless steel shell. Screwdrivers, both regular and Phillips, needle nose pliers, knives, wire cutter, scissors, etc. I gave one to my Dad and each of my sons and sons-in-law for Christmas many years ago. My Dad continues to mention it. It will be one of the first things to acquire when we get back to the states.


Max with His Leatherman


Google+ is now available to everyone in its Beta mode. While I was able to become a new user, we are still exploring its uses a little at a time. Family members have been invited and some have posted photos but we will be using it more as we discover how it may be most advantageous. We have never liked Facebook other than watching some posts from family and grabbing photos not otherwise offered to us. If you have experience with this new internet facility I would like to discuss how you are using it. This whole area of personal internet usage is still in its infancy.


Posting on this Wayfaring blog will become more and more useful and important next year when we enter a new and different phase of our life seeing the beautiful USA and not ready to settle down yet. As topics present themselves I will post them if they seem relevant to others. 

3 comments:

  1. I am really lucky to have a hubby that loves to learn new things and isn't afraid to be on the cutting edge if the knowledge can be put to use in our lives. By the way I'm the one that put his knife in the glove box while we were traveling. I offered to put it in my purse but he insisted he'd never be able to find it in all by stuff - what can I say? His loss, but I must admit I miss the darn thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max could probably lend you one of his when you get home:). That was all he could talk about in Greer was the leatherman on display. Everyday he had them take it out of the case so he could discover all of the ways having one would be useful to ME. We bought it for him and I think we had used it at least 4 or 5 times before we left a couple of days later.
    Does this mean that you really are going to live in a van and travel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. [Received by eMail from Dad]

    Dear Jim:  Used the Leatherman more than twice this week it's used very often - you may have to take mine when you return.  All’s well,  Thanks for our info.  Dad

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions about the posts on this Blog are welcomed when they may enhance understanding and learning.